Wednesday, December 29, 2010

LOST AND FOUND IN KIEN GIANG- 2

As the plan went wrong, she pushed herself further, well, involving into 2 other trips. At a time, she, along with her 2 brothers, their 2 wives made a secret one for themselves. When she asked me, I calmly explained I had to stay for my Mom. That was what I found myself who I was, what I really wanted to do no matter how the trip would harm me and no matter what my Mom would think about it.
Thanks Goodness. All was over peacefully. Once she told me how sorry she felt as she started getting on board. Being in Kien Giang gave me a chance to understand more about life about her love and a lot more valuable lessons that the teachers at school could not teach.
My God mother’s advice proved itself right once more. I tried to tell her what had happened to me and she appreciated so much. That is what love is for, what we live for. Making those whom we love happy means making ourselves happy too, doesn’t it? Living a full life no matter what would come how it would hurt us means making the biggest achiement in our lives.
As time went by, her spirit seemed to calm down and she went back home feeling bored again. My God mother asked her to come here to visit me several times. Not until had she hurt my feeling shouting at me for what was not really essential, I wrote her a letter to say good bye in Apr 1983 to end a chapter in my life autobiography book.
My youner brother after being released from the prison made a trip in Jun 1982.He and my sister asked me to go along. They seemed to forget why I had decided to come here. After they had left, I got married to a lady whom I believed would help me care for my Mom. After I had worked for 2 companies, working 3 part time jobs, I put all my heart on my English lessons I took from an evening class. With an excellence- graded A level certificate, I was asked to become a teacher at the center. I went on making my teaching English better. I got a bachelor of English in 1999. My wife and I have got 2 children. We have given my blood mother whatever she had wished for. What I got here was just like what an one-eyed man could get in a world of the blind.
I didn’t learn any lessons about life neither at NLS Can Tho nor Bao Loc. But I did learn and gain a great deal from living in Kien Giang, making my life better with my own effort. What I lost and found was simple but meaningful in some way and that would make my life worth telling.
Could you imagine that?

Rach Gia Jul, 2010
Luong Ngoc Thanh

No comments:

Post a Comment