Saturday, December 24, 2011

NEW YEAR RESOLUTION- 2nd- transcript

The American writer, Mark Twain had different ideas on smoking. Twain found it easy to stop . "I do it 3 or 4 times to year", he said.
A man I know says that every year he makes the same resulution. He will not eat the fruit, watermelons.


Since they are no watermelons in winter where he lives, he has no trouble keeping his resulution.

In summer, when he can buy watermelons again. He eats them again.
But he can say that he keeps his resulution for at least 6 months.

Many people promise to lose weight. That was the new year resulution my mother liked best.

When I was a child- I do not remember the time when she was not eatting special foods to help her lose weight. These usually were not the foods that we liked so much. So we believe we were keeping my mother's new year resulution for her.

To me, new year resulution should serve someone good. They should make some effort to keep. Yet, If the effort is too great, you will want to break them.

The best new year resulution for me is no resulution at all.

I know a woman who never makes them.

She decides any time during the year what she wants to do in her

life . Then she takes small steps to reach her goal.

My own new year resulution is to stop talking about new year resulution. That should be an easy one to keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment