Saturday, May 22, 2010

A professor's talk- to a student- My talk-

"Last year, when I was working on a important paper for the university, my younger child came down with a terrible case of the flu.
My wife and I had to take turn staying up all night attending to her.
I was tired losing sleep, worrying myself sorry.
But that did not stop me from coming to class everyday teaching and seeing to my responsibilities.
What you are asking me to do is not only identical but also shows that you don't want to be an adult and take responsibilities for your own actions. " Toefl how to master skills- CD2-"

Last year, when I was teaching in HCMC, GARY-my American friend- came down with an unbelievable case of the depression.
Only I had to stay up all night attending to him.
I was tired losing sleep, worrying myself about a possibility that he would not be able to keep on teaching there.
But that did not stop me from coming to class teaching and to our Speaking club at Binh Dan hospital, seeing to my responsibilities- on behalf of him, giving the club members what we were supposed to do.
What I was asking Dr. HAU to do was not only humantarian but also showed what a friend could be for- A friend in need is a friend indeed-

No comments:

Post a Comment