Thursday, February 25, 2010

GARY- SUCH A GUY

If I hadn’t met HUNG- a good friend of mine, I would never have got a chance to get to know his English instructor- Gary- from whom I have learnt a lot. What I have learned from him is more precious than what a young student could get from his college.

To make our first meeting special, HUNG drove his car to pick me up at my place then to drive me to

“ Con Co” restaurant on Tran Binh Trong St. We had been there for a while before Gary showed up. Even though he and I had had a small talk on the phone the day I first met HUNG, I had a few difficulties understanding what he said. He spoke so naturally that I enjoyed every moment of that night. We found several things in common especially our point of view. At the end of the party which HUNG paid for us, Gary asked me to get in touch with him as we were either physically or mentally near. Actually, I prevented myself from meeting him the following weeks as I wanted to save my monthly low income. Till the third weekend, Gary and I met again at a small popular restaurant on Nguyen Bieu St. He and I talked about a lot of different things but mainly about how to live happily. He would never mind answering my questions nor asking me what had been in my mind. I tried to speak to him as at home in Rach Gia I had not had many opportunities to do so.

The most interesting question I asked him which made him pleased was “What is the most important thing in life?” Having a gulp of beer, drying his mouth with a handkerchief, he replied:

... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment