Thursday, February 11, 2010

MY GOD MOTHER I, II

If it were not for her love, I would never have been able to become what I am now. It was common to be along with a classmate on a bus trip but it wasn’t to meet a former one from that bus. That happened to me as the 1st step of a long term affair with whom I call God mother.

From the bus I called out loud “TRONG COP, is that you?” “Get out of the bus” Trong replied enthusiastically. From that moment I became relaxed as I could be with him and his family. He and I had only one thing in common watching football games. We had been in the same class but in different moods and situations. Not going to college, he stayed home feeling rather bored. So meeting me also was a good thing for him. Every Sunday of October in 1975 after lunch, he took me to the SAIGON- THU DUC bus station. He put into my pocket a small amount of money which was financially meaningful and helpful to me as I had left home for school asking my mum to be on my own.

Things sometimes did not go as smoothly as we wished and that was exactly what happened to me. One day, from my grandmother’s- Go Vap dist, I came to his home early one Sunday morning. I couldn’t remember precisely why but he wasn’t home that day. And that was the first time I missed him.

I came to the bus station early by myself to get back to my college feeling rather sad. Another strange thing was that I decided to take a BIENHOA bus since it was so difficult to get into a THU DUC one that day .

... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment