Wednesday, February 10, 2010

STEALING SWEET POTATOES

While pupils steal some simple things for fun, I did steal only sweet potatoes for 3 years at Bao Loc Agricultural High School majoring in Forestry.

From Can Tho I came there with a wish of becoming a forest ranger. Before leaving home, I had asked my old weak Mom to offer me what she could from selling sweet soup. At the age of puberty, in a cold climate, I needed some certain things especially what to eat at night. After a month of suffering from cold and hunger, I was asked to by one of my classmates if I would like to see his uncle 's farm and to get what and how much I needed. That was one of a lot of farms planting bananas and sweet potatoes. Feeling like a mouse in a buckle of sticky rice . I was so glad that I could pull up the big roundest ones. I also carefully cut 2 pieces of banana punches. After putting everything in to 2 bags, tying carefully. Trọng and I carried them on our shoulders, steadily walking home as it was coming dark. Trọng broke into pleasant laughs whenever I sent my thanks to his kind uncle. Suddenly he shouted loud " stealing ". I ran off as if I had seen a ghost just for my first time wrong doing.


... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment